My Game plan for 2014:
- Get my novel published: I will get editors, a cover designer, and a publisher. I will.
Progress: One publisher viewed three chapters and wants 4 more! I met Rod at my first ever writers’ conference. He liked the first chapter; I just had to follow up. I’m planning to forge ahead with other editors as well. Plus, I’m reading Guy K’s artisan publishing guide APE.
- Knit or crochet yarn stash into hats for charity: I have a lot of yarn stash.
Progress: Three hats made. Ummm… grandkids saw them, asked for them, and hey, I couldn’t say no.
- Make enough money writing to pay property taxes: Maybe I wasn’t clear enough in 2013.
Progress: 2 newspaper articles for a local paper.
- Expand my platform: a key to successful selling of a published book, I’m told.
Progress: BlogHer, SheWrites, Instagram, Twitter, FB page; Google+; Pinterest, LinkedIn almost 1,000 with extended reach over 100,000. Not spectacular but growing. I’m going to be Snap-chatting soon.
- Experience Night at the Museum with Two More Grandkids: Last year, I waited too long, and every single session sold out before summer even got here. I love camping out with the bones of dinosaurs and exploring mummies by flashlight. So does Loved-One. So do the kids.
Progress: Overnight scheduled with the grandkids. Yay!
- Travel Route 66 with Loved-One: I plan to get some sponsors and write about out trip.
- Volunteer: Last year I tried a women’s shelter. Maybe this year, the food pantry.
- Read two book a month: This goal doubles my 2013 rate. Finished these two: Broken Pieces and The Orchardist. I interviewed Rachel Thompson. Stay tuned for a blog post about this fascinating woman, who turns out to have some things in common with me. (Besides writing.)
Part-way through Dangled Carat by Hilary Grossman and APE by Guy Kawasaki.
- Get new carpeting for the lower level: Ugh! I don’t even want to go down there, it looks so bad.
- Send St. Patrick’s Day photo cards to friends and family: A friend sends out Valentine’s Day photo-cars. I love getting her card after all the hustle-bustle of the Christmas season has subsided. Yes, I’m piggy-backing on her idea.
Progress: Having second thoughts on this one.
Okay, I AM making progress, and yes, some things are going differently than I envisioned. Time to vote for the best Super-Bowl Contest and play one game of Candy Crush (Just one, oh that game is addicting. I don’t even like it.)
But before I go, please tell me:
- Did you make plans this year?
- What are you accomplishing this year?
- Should I drop the St. Patrick’s Day photo card?
- Are you playing Candy Crush?
- Got any good books recommend?
If you have some time, check out great blogs by clicking the “i don’t like mondays” icon below.