I feel a little blue today for reasons I fail to identify. I plan to let the feelings swell and subside, like the waves on Lake Michigan. If all else fails, a pot of Tear Water Tea should do the trick. In the meantime, I remind myself of all my blessing, big and small. Here they are in no particular order.
- Beneficial Bacteria: My water garden is clear and healthy. (I know, it’s strange to put this first, but I am a microbiologist, so I gotta love the little ones.)
- Wedding vows that make me think. We attended my nephew’s wedding this weekend. Whoa Mama, Reverend Meeks (not his real name) had a way of scaring the begeezers out of me, and I already know most of the ups and downs of marriage. It reminded me of watching a childbirth video during my second pregnancy: A lot more scarier in theory than in reality. Come-on kids, relax. Sharing your life with someone who knows you inside and out is a blast. And a challenge. And a comfort.
- Brothers: Loren who is as handsome as a movie star; Frank, my first pal; John who gets me. So lucky I got to see all three of you in the same room.
- Fathers in my life: Sons, brothers, brothers-in-law, step-fathers, god-fathers, friends. Watching your firm-gentle guidance is a lesson in love.
- My editor: Great feedback and now for some revisions. Yes, I can; Yes, I can.
- Midlife Boulevard: Thanks for featuring my Father’s Day Post. I miss you Dad.