It’s Gratitude Monday! I should do this every Sunday and post first thing Monday. But here it is Monday at 11, and I am reminded by my friend Laurel to be thankful.
So here’s the first ten things that pop into my head.
- I have enough ideas going on in my head, that I have to write them down, so I don’t forget. I more things to write about than time to write.
- My allergies are bothering me. That means the trees are budding and the weather will be warm soon. Still, I think it’s a bit of a cruel joke that someone who hates the cold so much suffers from pollen, dust, and dander allergies.
- The unabashed, silliness of children.
- My new water fountain for my desk. A very peaceful focal point for prayer and meditation. And a great place for Sasha and Misha to get a drink.
- I have daughters that like to do things with me. Duckie asked me to join her on a 5 mile walk Sunday. Beanie and I are doing a 5K at the end of the month. (I caught Duckie in this Selfie right after she stopped smiling. She has a better one on Facebook. Really. We had a great time.)
- I have a big butt. I can swing those hips better than the skinny-minnies in my Zumba class.
- I found an editor who I “click” with. I found her through friends I made on social media. (That’s two things in one for #7.)
- Cinco de Mayo and Duckie who wants to cook me dinner and make me a margarita. (Sure I shopped with her, went over the recipes, and will probably do most of the cooking and clean-up, but it’s the thought that counts.)
- Daffodils that are still blooming. That’s the upside of a cool spring. The early bloomers get preserved by more cold weather.
- More daylight. I love the sun. Even when it’s raining, raining, raining. One of these days, I’ll be going to a baseball game. I just know it.