I feel a little stress this week.
Why? Because I have too much. Yup, that’s what it boils down to.
Here’s what I mean:
- A job writing for a company whose product helps save people’s lives;
- An family of origin who still loves getting together to celebrate Christmas;
- A family I helped create who loves tradition;
- A book club that gives back to the community;
- A choir that welcomes my flute;
- Amazing people who I meet to interview for the newspapers I write for;
- Neighbors who feel comfortable dropping by;
- A treasure trove of Christmas decorations;
- The ability to sew and knit and even crochet;
- An extended virtual family of friends and colleagues;
- A faith that anchors and comforts me.
Now there, self. That’s just off the top of my head.
These things should be reasons to rejoice not a source of stress. Perspective. Perspective. Perspective.
How is your holiday season going this year? Please leave a comment below.
And, if you’re a praying person, please say one for my friend Gloria’s granddaughter. She’s fourteen. She lives in Texas, and she’s disappeared. It’s been over a week.