Something is in the air pushes me to focus on DELIGHT this year.
Today is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. I am reminded about how much he did for the Civil Rights Movement. AND, how much that movement did for all of us.
As a reminder, here’s a bit of inspiration from NPR.
Here’s a bit of “Kawaii,” because, you know, just looking at cute things can help us feel more positive about each other?
Here’s a few of the things that delighted me this week:
- Melting Snow on the porch railing and branches: I marvel at the intricate lacework nature provides as the snow melts to ice and drips into puddles.
- Foxes frolicking in the backyard: As we watch what we imagine is a mother and daughter, Loved-One and I make up stories of where they’ve been and where they’re going. We wonder if Mother might be the young fox that took refuge on our porch in the bitter cold a couple of years ago. How we put blankets and cat food out and hoped she would survive. (And, how my own mother asked me why I didn’t let the shivering fox in the house. Um… NO!)
- Posts of people lamenting their age: Especially when those people are younger than my children.
- Sunshine through clouds: Clouds do fill me with delight. And when we’ve had so many completely cloudy days, the hope of blue skies gives me a wide grin and a light heart.
- Sparrows on the trellis: Throughout the day, I look out, and there they are: feathers puffed up, protecting them from the cold, peeping at me, reminding Love-One that the feeder could use replenishing. And by the way, where’s that suet?
Please scroll through a few delight-filled photos by clicking the arrow button. It’s on the the side of the photo about half-way up. (I had a hard time seeing it myself.)
I hope you find delight this week. I know it made me feel better.
Until we get our vaccination numbers up, don’t forget to stay safe. I’m registered with my county. I’m in line. Are you?
Practice the four Ws:
- Wear a mask;
- Watch your distance,
- Wash your hands, and
- Work together.
How about you? What absolutely filled you with delight this week? Please share. Chances are you will delight me!