Mondays are the beginning. Mondays are full of promise and hope. The whole week lies open in front of me waiting for me to fill it up with whatever I choose. I almost always choose too much, so by Friday I look back and wish I were more… more efficient, more productive, more attentive, more receptive…more, more, more…
You get the picture.
Sooo… This Monday, after jotting down my ToDo List, I remember my TaDa List.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with my TaDa List: it’s a retrospective of what I Did. TADA! It’s done.
TaDa! I nourished my mind body and soul:
- I prayed and meditated every morning
- I exercised: bike ride, swim, zumba, yoga
- I read the newspaper, The Week, The New Yorker
TaDa! I invested in people, places, and things most important in my life:
- I made my grandson a birthday cake
- I talked football with Love-One
- I practiced my listening skills
- I attended grandkids’ football game & volleyball game
- I celebrated a lost tooth (not mine)
- I reconnected with old friends and new
- I played my flute
- I talked to Mom
TaDa! I advanced my career goals:
- I committed to Blogging every workday of October
- I saw my name in print in the Marengo-Union Times
- I polished two more chapters of my novel
- I interviewed with the Hearst organization and made my pitch (Thanks for the tips, BlogHer)
- I reached out to writer friends (Laurie I love you.)
- I processed feedback from beta-readers. (Thank you Gerri)
- I expanded my platform.
With each of TaDa I write, I think of more things to add to my ToDo List.
A voice inside my head crescendos to a shout: “Not Enough; You should do more; so what!”
A softer voice whispers, “baby steps; take a deep breath; there’s time.”
I reconnect with the imaginary epitaph I wrote for myself years ago.
She Laughed out-loud;
She Loved without fear;
She never stopped Learning.
Last week I laughed, I loved, I learned. I will again this week.
The whisper wins.
Tuesday and ToDo List, I’m ready for you.
- Start Your Day Off Right With Begin (iphone.appstorm.net)