Some weeks I have a bit of trouble with the taking stock part of this weekly post. This week is the pausing and breathing part. It was a great week for me. A new job, a wonderful turn-out at an Author Showcase, and a chance to visit Mom. What could be better?
Here, in no particular order, are some more reasons to rejoice:
- Snow drops blooming around a budding willow tree;
- My sister-in-law, Cheryl, who gave up part of her birthday to support me at the Author Showcase;
- Enjoying a Culver’s dinner with Mom & Love-one: walleye, followed by a turtle sundae. Yummy, and that’s not even counting company that makes me laugh and think;
- More laughing and thinking with my brother, John, over breakfast;
- Surprised by old friends at the Author Showcase: Julie, Kendra, Debbie, Lester, Denise;
- Meeting new authors and exchanging ideas and encouragement;
- Bea, who shared a wonderfully sweet memory of sugar rationing during WWII;
- A wave of daffodils meeting me when I arrived home.
That was just the weekend.
What fills you with gratitude this week? Please share. You’re always so good at reminding me of all my blessings.