The last week filled me up with productivity. I felt almost- almost- like I was back in the corporate world. Only, I’m in the comfort of my own home-office, looking out my windows at wildlife, and I’m meeting exceptional people and get paid for it. Don’t get me wrong, the corporate world has exceptional people, and I got paid. This seems like more of an adventure. Well, the corporate world is an adventure, too. Anyways, I’m loving this new adventure. And I got the dreaded piece of editing done on my novel.
So here’s the things that are top on my gratitude list this week.
- Charitable people. This month I’m interviewing people who give back to the community. What a blessing they are. And some of the fundraisers are so much fun.
- Two paychecks. Two newspapers. Two great freelance jobs.
- Wrestling twins. What a great way for little boys to spend the morning. Mr. Ry had a tough time coming in second, to next to Mr. Ro. After all, Mr. Ry is the older of the two. But look how he mustered up a smile and some sportsmanship.
- Local theatre. I managed to get an outing scheduled for thirteen grandchildren. I expect something will come up, or someone will get sick, but hey that kind of thing happens with kids. I’m so happy we still do this.
- Pretzels dipped in chocolate. Coco and I spent the afternoon finishing her project. Whoops! She’s got another one popping up.
- On-line bargains. I almost feel like I’m saving money this year.
- Friends. I drew a green Christmas wreath on all the days I have a Christmas celebration. Tonight’s my book club. What a group of truly great people.
- Forgiveness. I failed to call Mom today because I was out on the road on a slippery morning. I’m so glad I have a mom like her. Still, I did miss talking to her.
- Potatoes. I’m making some cheesy potatoes for the Book Club party as soon as I hit publish. Which brings me back to Mom. It’s her recipe.
- Christmas wreaths sold for a good cause: one for the front door (Boy Scouts) and one for the back (Youth Group.) Love-one strung battery operated mini-lights. Oh, so great.
What’s on your gratitude list? Please join me and Laurel at Alphabet Salad every Monday.