Some weekends just seem to slide into Monday. Other Mondays, I’m planning what I want to do with my week on Sunday night. I had a packed-full weekend. Packed full of Movies. Don’t you think hot weather is just the right time to see movies? First I saw Ghostbusters. Oh my! I loved it. Even more I loved when I heard the men in the audience say it was better than the first. That very evening I went to “Movie in the Park” with CeCe and her kids, CoCo, and Loved-One. We saw The Good Dinosaur. That movie left us wondering, “What was good about that dinosaur?” along with other questions about the theme and the intent. Next Loved-One, CoCo and I watched Fundamentals of Caring on Netflix. It’s a Sundance Film and oh, oh, so uplifting. Yes, there are some F-words, but so worth overlooking those.
So, yes, I’m happy that I can watch movies in the heat of summer. (Or anytime, really. [tweetthis]Perhaps movies are my sweet vice.[/tweetthis]) Here’s a few more things that bring me joy:
- Camping trips with my family.
- Camping gear put away.
- An illustrator for my read-to-me book. Yay Niall Brady. Here’s a peek.
- Outsourcing ideas from Dina and my Clown Car Master Group, Now I’ve delegated the project of crowd-funding.
- Grandchildren that stay to visit a while.
- My Bitmoji passion spreading to my kids, grandkids, and a few of their friends.
- Yoga practice. I’m back at it, after a summertime deprive. Edging and weeding and mulching is just not enough to keep me as flexible and centered as I like.
- Clayton Smith, author of Anomaly Flats visiting my book club in August. I’m so excited.
What’s on your gratitude list this week? Please leave a comment, so I can be reminded of all the little worth celebrating.