It’s late in the day. I failed to start the day writing my gratitudes. Still, I did a lot of contemplating. I had time because I spent the morning and most of the afternoon waiting. Talking. Waiting. Talking. Waiting. So here I go:
- 4-wheel drive. I woke to snow. Three inches of it. By 6, CoCo, CeCe, and I began a drive to the surgi-center an hour away, for CeCe’s out-patient surgery. (Nothing serious, just a little repair work.) I supposed local road crews believed the first day of spring meant no more snow. I suppose they are new to the area, or are just plain hopeful, like the rest of us.
- Branches ladened with snow. Yes, the snow really is beautiful. Gorgeous.
- Bonus grand-children and birthday parties. Mr. B hid his dimples behind a Skylander mask and played Commodore video games throughout his party. And he was adorable doing it. Oh that we were all so free to be and enjoy just who we are right now in this moment.
- Sister love and employers who accommodate. CoCo found out about CeCe’s surgery and without a second thought asked for the day off so she could be with her sister. Such a caring thing to do. So nice for her employer to find a way to accommodate her. Extra nice that CoCo’s employer also found some extra hours to substitute.
- Sugar blown roses. I watched a culinary student make these at a Career Expo. Who could eat something so beautiful?
- Loved-One’s constancy. He filled in as caretaker for CeCe’s five kids, home for spring break. I know I sing his praises a lot, but I can’t help it. He is like Aaron is to Moses. (Not that I’m a great leader. Think quiet supporter.)
- WordPress for iPad new upgrade. I can see my photo-inserts. Yay! Thank you WordPress.
- Re-runs and Netflix. Remember “Freaks and Geeks?” Probably not. It only had 18 episodes of pure genious. (Jason Segel, James Franco, Linda Cardellini, John Francis Daley, Seth Rogen all in one sit-com.)
- Sunday breakfast with grandchildren. Breakfast pizza and sparkling apple juice is so much more fun with kids. Maybe everything is.
What’s on your gratitude list this week. Please share and spread the good news.