This week I’m preparing for “Great Lakes Book Bash.” I’ll be in Kalamazoo; near my old stomping grounds. I would probably be hearing about this great bash after the fact, if it weren’t for my friend, Joan. She sent me a message encouraging me to go. Thank you, Joan!
- A kind stranger that asked me, “Are you on the wrong train?” When I confirmed, “Are you sure?” Yes, my stop is next, IIT. “Good. Any further and you get risky area.” Isn’t in nice to have a complete stranger looking out for me?
- Twin birthdays: Mr. R1 and Mr. R2, and two very different birthday cakes: A football jersey and a fidget spinner.
- Miss K and Miss E who confirmed what the women at work say: I should get some purple tips on y new haircut. What do you think?
- Leaves that crunch under foot and send the musky smell of fall swirling through the air.
- Koi nibbling in the water garden.
- CoCo laughing at Loved-One’s lame jokes.
- Mr. B.feeling left out when he sees photos of Miss E at the Chicago Open House. Not that I want him to feel left out – It’s just that he wants to be here with G-Mom and G-Dad on our quiet look at Chicago architecture. That part feels good. (No worries, Mr. B is “acclimating well” to his new school environment, as his girlfriend, Miss 2 explained to me.
- A scheduled trip to see Mom in November and another book club event.
- Cats interrupting my writing.
- My temporary assignment stretching from one month, to 3 months to six months, and now until the end of the year.
What brings you smiles and wonder this week? You know I like to hear. Please share in the comments below. You always make me think of more reasons to rejoice. If you can’t think of anything, look at these characters whispering in their sister’s ears. [tweetthis] I’m certain no one can resist a smile.[/tweetthis]